How to install your wallpaper?
We are so happy that we have already finish the production of your wallpaper. And now it’s time to install them!
If you are confident to do it your own (DIY), here are the simple steps on how to install your wallpaper:
Things needed for installation:
- Glue / Paste
- Acrylic emulsion (if needed)
- Paint roller
- Tape Measure
- 2pcs of pail / bucket
- Remeasure the wall’s length and width to plot and plan the installation of the wallpaper. Check if the wallpaper fits your wall. Each roll has indicated panel that you will be seen on the bottom left of the wallpaper panel.
- For wallpreparation: Smoothen the wall by using sandpaper. Make sure it’s even so that there will be no marks once the wallpaper is installed. Use polituff if needed to even the wall.
- Prepare the wall using acrylic emulsion to adhere the wallpaper
- Cut the white edges of the wallpaper.
- Mix the glue with water until it becomes smooth and sticky.
- Apply the glue/paste at the back of the wallpaper using a paint roller.
- Before you hang, fold the wallpaper to thirds for easy handling.
Installing the wallpaper
- Place the 1st panel on top of the wall and carefully and gently drop the wallpaper.
- Allow at least 1-2 inches overlap on wallpaper (make sure that the patterns are align).
- Cut down the middle of the overlap.
- Peel the 2 pieces apart, pull out the small strip that was cut off the underlying piece.
- Gently smooth out the wallpaper using squeegee
- Trim the excess of the wallpaper