A quick comparison of photo and canvas prints.
If you’re looking to buy a canvas print or framed photo print, then you’re probably wondering if one is better than the other. While these two options are similar, they are not the same. There are several things you should know about each option so you can make an informed decision. In this article, we’ll take a look at the pros and cons of each and show you which one is best for you.
What is a Framed Photo Print?
Framed photo prints are the traditional way of putting a photograph up on display. They are a wonderful addition to any home or just a great way to enjoy your own photo collection. When printing your photos, there are different types of papers that you can choose from, like matte or gloss. In addition to the kind of photo paper used, you can choose between different types of frames and mounting for your photo.
Pros of Framed Prints:
- They have sharper details.
- There’s a huge variety of sizing and frame options.
- They lend a traditional/classic aesthetic.
Cons of Framed Prints:
- Framed prints can have glare and reflections from light.
- They sometimes don’t have a “Wow” factor.
- Larger print sizes can be pretty expensive.
- Larger sizes may be heavy.
- The color and style of the frame should match your interior.
- They typically don’t last as long as canvas prints.
- Glass can be hard to maintain and may be dangerous if broken.
What is a Canvas Print?
A canvas print is a way of printing a photograph or other artwork on canvas. Canvas prints can be used for various purposes, such as home decor and wall art. Like framed photo prints, canvas prints are a beautiful way to display and preserve your favorite memories. Canvas prints look similar to oil and acrylic paintings because of their unique surface texture.
Pros of Canvas Prints:
- Canvas prints eliminate the chance for glare and reflections.
- They are inexpensive (yes, even for the larger sizes).
- They are light and durable compared to framed photos..
- They have a “Wow” factor.
- They are eco-friendly.
- They fit seamlessly into any style of interior.
- Multi-panel options are possible so you can create a seamless gallery wall.
Cons of Canvas Prints:
- They can be quite bulky to store.
- The texture can be distracting if not made with high-quality materials.
- They are not completely waterproof or scratch-resistant.
So, Which Is a Better Choice?
The choice between a framed print and a canvas print is certainly a personal one. Consider your taste, preferences, and needs. Without a doubt, traditional framed prints have a timeless look and add a sophisticated touch to any formal interior. On the other hand, canvas prints offer a quick and easy way to give your home or office space a makeover. They are beautiful, inexpensive, and durable. And with hundreds of designs available, you’ll be able to find something that works for any room.
Whatever you choose, make sure you do your homework to guarantee you get a high-quality print.
With The Printerie, you can choose from a wide variety of options in terms of size, orientation, and style. And when it comes to the design, you are only limited by your imagination! With our high-quality, affordable canvas prints, you’ll get more bang for your buck.
Because at The Printerie, we do everything we can to ensure that our customers love their canvas prints.
Visit our website today and start customizing your own canvas print!